|Better combo. Same price. More value. More broadband!!|
|Streamyx Combo WiFi@Home is an enhancement of existing Streamyx Combo package. It provides more value in term of mobility to enjoy wireless Internet connection at home. This package will replace any of existing Streamyx Combo packages and it is offered for new and existing Streamyx customers. |
Now we are offering 12 months Free access to Hypp.TV.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Streamyx offers better value than ever with our exciting new packages! Streamyx brings the web's rich multimedia content to life, at up to 100 times the speed of an ordinary Internet connection. There's simply no better time to give your home or office the broadband advantage with Streamyx.
|Streamyx 384kbps||384kbps||128kbps||RM20 for 10 hrs - additional usage 5 sen/min (Without modem) |
RM25 for 10 hrs - additional usage 5 sen/min (With modem)
- Dynamic IP
|Streamyx 512kbps||512kbps||256kbps|| |
RM44 for 60 hrs - additional usage 1 sen/min (Without modem)RM49 for 60 hrs - additional usage 5 sen/min (With modem)
|- Dynamic IP |
- 1 E-mail
|512kbps||256kbps||RM66 (Without modem)|
|512kbps||256kbps||RM77 (With modem)|
RM88 (Without modem)
- Dynamic IP
RM99 (With modem)
|Streamyx 2.0Mbps||2.0Mbps||512kbps||RM188 (With modem)||- Dynamic IP |
- 1 E-mail
|Streamyx 4.0Mbps||4.0Mbps||512kbps||RM268 (With modem)||- Dynamic IP |
- 1 E-mail
|SOHO 1.0Mbps||1.0Mbps||384kbps||RM148 (With modem)||- Dynamic IP |
- 1 E-mail
|ADSL 1.0Mbps||1.0Mbps||384kbps||RM418||- 1 fixed IP |
- 3 E-mails
|ADSL 1.0Mbps||1.0Mbps||384kbps||RM618||- 5 fixed IPs |
- 3 E-mails
Business Broadband packages:
- Streamyx basic package is applicable for personal application only.
- Minimum subscription period is 12 months for all packages except with modem rental and other promotion packages.
- Service is subject to availability and technical testing.
- Speed of service is on best effort basis.
- Customer is NOT ALLOWED to change the telephone number (connecting t o Streamyx) before installation of service.
- Customer is responsible for internal wiring, NIC card and networking.
- Self-installation customer is required to prepare own modem before the 7-day auto account activation.
- For Streamyx in-a-box & without modem package:
- Auto account activation is 7-days from the date of registration for self-collection and 10-days for courier.
- RM88 installation fee is applicable only if installation assistance is required.
- For account activation, SMS to STXACTV<---space--->Login ID and send to 33535 three (3) days after registration. Each reply message from TM will be charged RM0.30 to customer’s mobile phone postpaid account or deducted from their prepaid balance. Telco SMS charges for each message sent is charged separately.
- The mobile number used must match the mobile number written in the registration form. Customer may use another mobile number if a personal one is not available.
- Streamyx in-a-box courier service charges are RM14 for Peninsular Malaysia and RM25 for Sabah/Sarawak.
- For Streamyx 2Mbps and 4Mbps, service is available in selected areas in Federal Territory Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Selangor. Service is subject to availability and technical testing during installation.
- 1st bill received will include the following fees
- RM75 for activation
- RM88 for installation (if applicable)
- First and 2nd month advanced subscription fee
- RM10 for stamp duty fee (effective 1st May 07).
- For account activated on every 29th, 30th or 31st, the current charges for the month will be pro-rated.
- If customer terminates Streamyx before the end of the minimum subscription period, the customer must pay subscription fees of the remaining months and return the modem. Pre-mature termination includes relocation of premise.
- Streamyx bill must be paid before the due date to avoid any service suspension. During suspension period, TM will continue to charge for the monthly subscription fee. RM10 reconnection fee will be charged upon service reactivation.
- Any Streamyx termination (based on service number) is subject to 30 days quarantine period from termination date. Quarantine period is define as a period where the service number is blocked from re-registration in provisioning system.
- Streamyx download and upload speed is guaranteed for local content access only. TM is not responsible for the low speed of either download or upload of international content access.
Waive RM75 activation Fee
for all personal/combo Package
All Package Price are including monthly telekom phone line rental
Monthly Subscription Fee
With subscription to any Streamyx Combo package, you are entitled to subscribe to any of the Add On.
Monthly Subscription Fee
Voice Plan RM28
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Untying Windows kinks Some tips to demystify mysterious system slowdowns that drive windows users crazy BY NITSCOM
COMPUTERS were designed to help you get your work done faster – not to make you wait. Yet, mysterious system slowdowns are a part of life for many Windows users.
Often these slowdowns – ranging from excessive disk thrashing to delays in shutting down or starting up your computer – are easier to troubleshoot than you might imagine.
Here are some tips on how to overcome the problems encountered.
» Windows PC takes a long time to shut down and to restart
Usually when this happens, a device driver is causing Windows to hang for some period of time.
One way to troubleshoot this issue is to temporarily disable most drivers or processes that start up automatically and then re-introduce them one by one until you find the culprit.
You can do this by visiting Windows’ System Configuration utility. Hold down the Windows key and tap the letter R to bring up the Run dialog box, and then type "msconfig", without the quotation marks, in the Run dialogue box’s Open form field. The System Configuration utility appears.
Click the Startup tab in the System Configuration utility. There, you’ll see a list of many of the processes or drivers that start automatically each time you boot up Windows.
Remove the check marks from each of those processes or drivers except for those that you know you need, and then click Apply. Click OK to close the System Configuration utility.
Windows will warn you that you may need to restart your computer to apply the changes. That’s exactly what you want – in order to determine whether the changes worked – so go ahead and restart.
If your PC boots up more quickly, then you know that one of the devices you disabled is the culprit. Go back into msconfig and re-enable processes or devices one by one.
Once you find the offending process, uninstall the programme to which it belongs, and your startup and shutdown issues should be solved.
» After the computer is idle for 15 minutes or so, when attempt is made to retrieve or save a file, the computer hangs for a while before it responds
Chances are good that some power-saving feature is the culprit – most likely a feature that shuts off or spins down the hard drive.
Go into the Windows Control Panel and select Power Options. There, you can explore how soon after a period of inactivity your hard drive is scheduled to spin down. Increase the amount of time before your hard drive spins down, or turn off automatic shutdown of your hard drive altogether.
When your PC’s hard drive is turned off automatically by the Windows power-saving feature, restarting the drive can take some time – sometimes 30 seconds or more, depending upon the drive.
» During the day, the PC shows excessive disk activity, even when you’re not working or saving files
Often this type of problem is caused by some background process. Be especially suspicious of any scheduled activity, such as disk defragmentation, that accesses the hard drive often or intensively.
Vista’s automatic disk defragmenter, for example, has been known to kick in when it should not – such as during the day when you’re actually using your PC.
Visit the disk defragmenter, and make sure that scheduled defragmentation is turned off.
Insufficient system memory can also cause excessive disk activity.
If you notice the activity when you are working with several applications open at once, lack of sufficient memory could be the problem. When Windows runs out of physical memory (RAM), it will use the hard drive as virtual memory, and disk writing – or "paging" – can slow your PC to a crawl.
A third possibility is spyware or malware. Download and install the Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org) and have it scan your computer.
This is one of the better freeware anti-malware tools, and if it finds infections on your PC, there’s a good chance that it will be able to remove them.
» After using Microsoft Outlook for almost a year, lately it is taking a long time to start up
First, let’s assume you have not recently installed any add-ons or toolbars in Outlook. If you have, uninstall them.
More typically, Outlook startup slowdowns are caused by a lot of email choking up your system. Specifically, if you have not cleaned out your inbox in some time, you should do so.
Outlook reads the headers in your inbox each time you start the program, assuming you have Outlook setup to go automatically into your inbox.Move old email messages from the inbox to another folder within Outlook, and you should notice an improvement in startup speed immediately.
EDIT BY NITSCOM
Right posture at the desk
IF you use a computer for long periods of time, remember that proper posture is crucial to your health. Keep your feet on the floor, arms parallel with the desk, head up, and back straight. It’s also a great idea to invest in a high quality office chair, one that provides as many adjustments as possible. Also, if you have short legs, consider adding a footrest to your setup.
DOES Windows bother you too much every time you want to delete something? You can disable the confirmation dialog box that pops up whenever you delete a file by right-clicking the Recycle Bin and selecting Properties. Uncheck the delete confirmation box, and click Apply. From that point on, you can simply delete a file without being bothered.
Upgrading computer’s CPU
TAKE the guesswork out of finding out which CPU is compatible with your current computer by visiting CPU Upgrade.com (http://www.cpu-upgrade.com). This site provides information on exactly which processors your motherboard supports. You can conduct searches by motherboard or by CPU, and links will take you to more information about individual processors.
Change auto update settings
WINDOWS Update can either be useful or annoying. It’s annoying when it’s on autopilot, set up to automatically download and install updates, which sometimes require a reboot. Change the Windows Update settings in the Windows Security section of the Control Panel to download updates automatically but then to ask you whether or not to install them.
Use taskbar for quick access
IN Windows, if you constantly access a particular folder, you can add it to your taskbar for quick access. Right-click the taskbar and from the resulting pop-up menu, scroll to Toolbars ... New Toolbar. Windows will open an Explorer window with which you can browse to your folder and select it. Doing so adds the folder to your taskbar.
Avoiding the glare
When overhead or behind-your-back lighting hits your LCD monitor, a lot of glare is produced. Glare causes eye strain, as your brain must struggle to disregard the glare and reflections in order to focus on what you want. Do away with glare by dimming overhead lights, when possible, covering windows, and using a desk lamp beside your monitor instead
EDIT BY NITSCOM
Friday, July 31, 2009
AT AN EVENT to show off upcoming Christmas goodies, Microsoft let slip to the INQ that Windows Mobile 6.5 is to be re-christened Windows Phone.
This, says Vole, is an effort to unboggle the minds of the consumer with all the "6.1" and "6.5" business that exists now, and which they're afraid will get even worse when Windows Mobile 7 arrives.
The name change also "reflects the upcoming desktop operating system release where people away from their PC can have the same experience everywhere," says Microsoft. Are you suitably un-boggled?
The name Windows Phone applies to Windows Mobile 6.1, 6.5 and multitouch Windows Mobile 7. At least something in the Windows universe is forwards and backwards compatible.
Features of the new platform (that is WM 6.5, aka Windows Phone) include back-up of all SMS and email content into Vole's cloud, remote disabling of the handset and inclusion of an Itunes-alike Windows Mobile software repository called Market Place.
If this sounds like a phoney story to you, it did to us as well but we have this confirmed in a video which should be around on Friday, included in a first look preview of the final version of Windows Phone µ
| || |